Fees for Entry in 2019
|MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation|
The amount you pay is dependent on your fee status. For more information please refer to the University Registry.
The fee does not include the cost of text books for core and options courses so you should budget an additional amount for this required expenditure. Approximate costs are outlined below.
Graduate Discount Scheme
We offer a 10% discount in postgraduate tuition fees for all alumni who have graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University of Edinburgh (conditions apply).
We offer a 10% discount in postgraduate tuition fees for students who have both:
- matriculated on a 'visiting programme'
- completed a minimum of one semester of study at the University of Edinburgh.
A non-refundable application fee of £50 will be payable in respect of all applications submitted for the MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Payment must be received by the Business School before your application will be processed.
Applicants receiving an offer of admission, either conditional or unconditional, will be asked to pay a deposit of £1,500 within 28 days of the offer to secure their place on the programme.
If the deposit has not been received by the deadline, the application will be withdrawn without further notice. It is therefore essential that applicants have funding for their deposit in place before applying. The deposit will be offset against the tuition fee payable at the time of matriculation.
When budgeting for your MSc, you will need to consider not only the fees applicable to the programme but also the following potential additional costs:
Textbooks and any other relevant materials
- Textbook costs range from £120–£600 if purchased new depending on MSc programme and option courses.
- Second-hand books may be available.
- Books are also available in the library.
Dissertation Field Work
- Costs vary with dissertation type.
- Interview recording equipment, stationery, postage stamps etc may be required.
- Students will need to cover the cost of binding their final dissertation.
- Some grants are available to help cover costs.
Consultancy Projects or Company Sponsored Dissertation
- Only applicable to some programmes; please check the course information.
- Costs include travelling to meet clients.
- Most clients are local; costs are anticipated to be under £100.
Country and Career Treks
- Students on our MSc programmes may be able to participate in country or local treks to businesses and other academic institutions. These are optional.
- They will vary by programme and students will be required to contribute towards them.
- The University provides information on estimated costs of living in Edinburgh.