When submitting your application please make sure you submit all the required documents described below, as only complete applications will be considered.
The one exception to this is that you may submit your English language certificate after you have submitted your online application for the PhD programme. Any offer made will be conditional on provision of your English certificate at the minimum letter.
Required Supporting Documents
Normally students will submit a proposal of approximately 3,000 to 5,000 words.
However, if you are joining a specific project, as with the PhD in Financial Technology programme, you will instead need to submit a cover letter detailing why you are the perfect candidate for that particular project.
Please provide a certified English translation if applicable.
Please ensure that you provide at least one academic reference in support of your application. This should be from your most recent course of studies, commenting on your suitability for the programme.
You may either:
- Upload two references on letter-headed paper, signed and dated by the referees
- Choose for the system to send an automated email request to your chosen referees with guidelines for uploading statements to the system
If uploading references to the system, please ensure that your references:
- Are on letter-headed paper (not a web download)
- Are each signed and dated by the referee
- Are no older than two years prior to the proposed start date
- Contain contact details for the referee including an email address belonging to an institution or organisation
Sending Reference Requests
If sending an automated email request to your chosen referees, please ensure you:
- Contact your referees prior to submitting your application to obtain their agreement to act as a referee for your application
- Check your inbox on the University's online application system, EUCLID, to ensure your referees have uploaded their reports. We are unable to contact referees on your behalf, so it is your responsibility to issue any reminders should the need arise
Required if English is not your first language. See the Entry Requirements for your programme for accepted certificates.
Please provide a summary of your education, employment experience, and achievements.