Our MSc Climate Change, Finance, and Investment students and MSc Management students get matched in groups of 5–6 students to a real-world, climate change-related challenges that a private or public-sector organization is experiencing.
During the course the students investigate and try to solve this challenge in the form of a consulting project. By the end of the course the students present their findings and solutions through an oral presentation and a written consulting report.
Benefits for your business
- Receive a detailed written report and an oral presentation addressing the proposed challenge
- Build links with potential graduate employees
- No financial payment as part of the consultancy project to you or the students
Why work with our students?
Our MSc in Climate Change Finance and Investment attracts a diverse group of graduates united by common interest in the low-carbon economy and related financial flows and business opportunities. Teams are designed to represent a variety of expertise (e.g. finance, science, engineering and business) to apply fresh insight and deliver specialist knowledge to your project.
What kinds of project are suitable?
Student teams can carry out consultancy on a wide range of carbon finance issues:
- Investigating potential for generating tradable carbon offsets from a specific new project or technology
- Analysing your firm's exposure to potential changes in global, regional or national carbon markets
- Benchmarking the carbon performance of firms in a sector to identify best practice or determine industry ranking
- Investigate barriers and potential solutions to raising capital for low-carbon investment
- Developing a low-carbon screening tool for asset managers
- Undertaking a greenhouse gas inventory or 'footprint' of a company or product
Projects typically take place between January and March.
|Contact the Business Engagement Manager to discuss your project||May to October|
|Prospective clients submit project proposals||Deadline: November|
|Projects assigned to groups||Late November|
|Initial group/client meeting to draw up project plan||Early January|
|Main project work||Between January and March|
|Delivery of report and client presentations||Late March|
Discuss your ideas
If you would like more information on student projects please contact our Business Engagement Manager. Please include details of:
- Which project(s) are best suited to your proposal
- Your contact information
- Project title, objectives and outcomes, location, knowledge and any skills required