Benefits for Your Business
- Access specialised, creative business thinking to address issues you may not have the expertise or resources to tackle in-house
- Unlock business opportunities arising from the global shift to a low-carbon economy
- Receive a practical report providing the team's research, analysis and recommendations
CPD greatly values working with UEBS MSc students on their carbon accountancy projects. The students helpfully provided a clear approach to the project. Regular calls enabled us to engage in dialogue about the findings from the in depth analysis, testing our initial assumptions. Having a blog as an outcome of the project facilitated communication turning the data into usable information for a wide international corporate audience.Patrick Crawford
Why Work with Our Carbon Finance Students?
Our MSc in Carbon Finance attracts a diverse group of graduates united by common interest in the low-carbon economy and related financial flows and business opportunities. Teams are designed to represent a variety of expertise (e.g. finance, science, engineering and business) to apply fresh insight and deliver specialist knowledge to your project.
What Kinds of Project are Suitable?
Student teams can carry out consultancy on a wide range of carbon finance issues:
- Investigating potential for generating tradable carbon offsets from a specific new project or technology
- Analysing your firm's exposure to potential changes in global, regional or national carbon markets
- Benchmarking the carbon performance of firms in a sector to identify best practice or determine industry ranking
- Investigate barriers and potential solutions to raising capital for low-carbon investment
- Developing a low-carbon screening tool for asset managers
- Undertaking a greenhouse gas inventory or 'footprint' of a company or product
Projects typically take place between January and March.
|Contact Partnership Development to Discuss Your Project||May to October|
|Prospective Clients Submit Project Proposals||Deadline: End of October|
|Projects Assigned to Groups||Late November|
|Initial Group/Client Meeting to Draw Up Project Plan||Early January|
|Main Project Work||Between January and March|
|Delivery of Report and Client Presentations||Late March|
Discuss Your Ideas
If you would like more information on student projects please contact our Student Development Team. Please include details of:
- Which project(s) are best suited to your proposal
- Your contact information
- Project title, objectives and outcomes, location, knowledge and any skills required