Successful businesses in the future will be those which can confidently steer a path through a world characterised by competition, rapid technological development and economic turbulence.
Businesses need leaders who can:
- seize opportunities for efficiency, innovation and new business models
- manage the risks and challenges involved
- think and act strategically in this volatile environment
- act responsibly in delivering value to all stakeholders
New Ways of Thinking and Acting
We will deepen your understanding in:
- how businesses and markets work
- how value is created through innovation and marketing
- how strategies are crafted
- how value is delivered efficiently and effectively
- how businesses are financed
- how performance is measured
- how organisations should be governed, managed and led through change
We will develop your ability to think strategically and beyond disciplinary silos by:
- instilling a passion for business improvement, innovation and entrepreneurial action that will allow you to lead in growing or creating new business opportunities
- applying skill training and professional development in order to help you understand your leadership strengths and weaknesses and provide support for your improvement.
In a typical student cohort, there will be more than 400 years of managerial experience in the classroom. A strong emphasis is placed on teamwork, delivered through interactive lecture sessions, group work and case studies.
Collaboration also lies at the heart of the School's approach to the business community. We work with the corporate sector in many different ways.
You will absorb the views and working practices of leading business people, senior industry leaders motivated by the opportunity to engage with the next generation of business leaders.
We work with a wide range of organisations on shared research projects which, in turn, are discussed within the classroom. These connections place us at the heart of business, at the centre of good business practice.