|Entry Date||Application Period|
|September||1 October–31 May|
When applying, please keep in mind you have the option (if agreed with your supervisor) to move to a PhD in Accounting or Finance at the end of your first year, if applicable.
Your application checklist
Before applying for a programme, please consider whether you meet the minimum academic requirements.See entry requirements
Review our subject groups and staff profiles to ensure supervision for your own research can be secured.Explore subject groups
Your research proposal is an essential part of your application that will be used to assess your suitability for the PhD programme.See proposal guide
Applications are only accepted via our online application portal. Before your application can be completed, you will need to supply required documents.See required documents guide
Important points to remember
- When completing your online application, you can save your progress and continue at a later date
- For your application to be processed, you must provide all required documents during submission
- You will receive a Universal Username (UUN) at the end of the application process, which should be used in all correspondence with us
- In the Proposed Supervisor section of the online application, you must name your potential supervisor(s) in order of preference
- If you require a visa, we recommend you submit your online application at least four months prior to the programme start date
- If you wish to be considered for any of our scholarships please complete your application first, then apply to the scholarship opportunity before it closes
Applications for 2022 entry are now closed.
To answer all your post-application questions, please see our frequently asked questions.